Supported by the Trust for Civil Society in Central and Eastern Europe, the ‘Civil-Partner’ Trust program run by the Environmental Partnership Foundation was launched in Hungary in 2003, with the aim to support and strengthen the non-profit sector.
Environmental Partnership contributes to the sustainability of Hungary’s non-profit sector by promoting the transformation of the legal and regulatory environment.
Through our proposals and initiatives for the reform of the laws and legal system affecting the non-profit sector in Hungary, we aim to help the development of legal regulations that are focused on the specific interests of the sector and contribute to its real sustainability. We support programs and research that contribute to the sustainable development of the civil sector.
Major programs in 2005
- Civic Vision – Comprehensive Nonprofit Legislative Reform Concept
- Comprehensive review of civil society’s participation in the performance of public duties and courts’ practices regarding the registration of associations.
- Active involvement in the working groups Civic Lobby Roundtable and Civic Groups for the Publicity of the National Development Plan
- Involvement in the drafting and support to the Act on Public Interest Volunteer Activities
- Involvement in the preparations for amending a decree on the National Civil Fund
- Formulation and expression of our position regarding the Act on the Freedom of Electronic Information
- Communication of our pro-posals outlined in the Civic Vision concept to a wide range of decision-makers
For more information please see downloads